Are you looking for hair extensions that most celebrities of tinsel town wear? Then it would be best if you opted for K-tips hair extensions. More than 95 percent of celebrities who wear extensions prefer using K-tip hair extensions as these extensions are harmless to your natural if used with proper care and precautions. In this blog, we are unleashing all the secrets about this incredible hair system; we will discuss how long K-tip hair extensions last. What are the pros and cons of K-tip hair extensions, and all other questions regarding this product? Here’s the structure that we will be covering:
Fusion extensions, keratin-tip or K-tip hair extensions are different names of the same thing. K-tip hair extensions are a semi-permanent solution for those who want to add volume and length to their locks. K-tips are made of keratin, a natural substance that our hair shaft already has; that’s why these extensions blend seamlessly well with our natural hair. These extensions are also popularly known as fusion extensions, as these extensions are fused to the wearer’s natural hair using heating tools. Although K-tips hair extensions are the safest hair extensions and don’t cause any damage to your hair strands, if these extensions are not applied correctly or are not well kept or left on the scalp for longer than their lasting time, they can be damageable your hair.
K-tip hair extensions are ideal for travelers who like to try different hairstyles and don’t get time for salons for two months. These extensions only require a few salon visits until two months; until then, you can enjoy all its benefits.
What are K-Tip Hair Extensions?
K-tip hair extensions are keratin-based bond hair strands; this bond is then installed to your scalp with the help of heating tools that melt the keratin and fix it to your natural locks. These extensions are available in small bunches with solid keratin blobs at the end that hold the strands together. K-tip hair extensions come in both human and synthetic hair. The solid keratin blob melts to get fixed and blend well with its wearer’s natural hair. These extensions are trendy for a flawlessly natural look to their wearer, as the K-tip extensions blend incredibly well with natural hair. These extensions are dramatically magical for thin hair as the keratin blob blends incredibly well with your hair. Since the bonds are tiny, they hide perfectly under the original locks. These extensions allow 360-degree movement for their wearer.
Pros and Cons of K-Tip Hair Extensions
Pros of K-Tips
Everything has two sides, and nothing in this only offers advantages with no drawbacks. Similarly, K-tips extensions also have its deficiency, and the biggest of them is their price range. These extensions are costlier than any other hair extensions as they are made with high-quality pure keratin. And the locks certainly have some great benefits also that we will be discussing below:
- The most significant advantage of K-tip hair extensions is that, unlike other extensions, they are incredibly lightweight as this keratin bond doesn’t have any tape, metal or other attaching material inside it. These extensions have light and tiny keratin tips, just like your natural hair, that don’t generate weight.
- Because of its lightweight K-tip, hair extensions are highly recommended for fine hair and thinning. The application method of K-tip extensions involves small bonds that melt in the natural hair and don’t cause much damage to the scalp and hair.
- Most wig manufacturers, like Bono Hair, make k-tip extensions bond by using keratin, and the same protein also forms our nature; hence these extensions give the most natural appearance compared to other hair extensions.
- As we just mentioned, that k-tip is produced by the same substance that our natural hair has, so the chances of hair breakage are meager. K-tips’ bonding is highly durable, and if these extensions are maintained appropriately, they can last up to six months.
- One thing that makes these extensions extremely popular amongst celebrities is their versatility. You can style these extensions in any hairstyle, color and cut.
Cons of K-Tips
- One of the most significant drawbacks of K-tip extensions is that they are highly professional and can only be installed at home with the help of professional assistance. So only try to fix it with a trained stylist at home.
- K-tip extensions are pretty pricey; the installation process takes 3-4 hours, so the labor cost is quite expensive in this case.
- The installing method is a lot of time-consuming, as we discussed earlier, and it would also take an hour if you want to get them rebounded afterward.
- K-tip hair extensions require high maintenance; their bonds get loosened if you use any other product on them, so you have to be very picky in using shampoos and other products on these extensions. However, sulfate-free shampoos are recommended for these extensions, and you are supposed to avoid combing them harshly on these extensions as they make them shine and lose hair.
- These extensions are susceptible to heat, and the bond starts melting and losing when heated. So it’s suggested to protect the k-tip extension from the extreme temperature of styling iron and heaters.
How to Attach K-Tip Hair Extensions?
The installation process of these extensions is time-consuming, and it expects its wearer to be patient. As we discussed earlier, a small mistake during the installation could ruin extensions and can cause damage to your natural hair. That’s why the help of a professional stylist is highly recommended for attachment. The attaching of these extensions involves five simple steps.
- First, set the length of the hair of the wearer; the wearer’s hair must be at least five inches long to hide the bond of K-tip hair extensions.
- Once you have set the length, then horizontally section the hair at the back and clip the hair at the top half with clips as the lower half would hold the extensions. Now start installing the bunches near the roots from side to side.
- Heat protectant spray is a must for heat protection as you would be using an extension iron to melt the bond. It’s suggested to correctly use the heated iron as its improper use can result in burning your hair cuticles. That’s why heat protectants are recommended. Once the keratin is melted, infuse it with your natural hair to blend them well.
- The stylist should repeat this method until all the extensions are installed onto the wearer’s hair and a natural and even look is achieved.
- Lastly, brush the hair gently, as it would make the K-tip hair extensions blend well with your natural hair.
Like its installation, you would also need to get professional assistance for the removal of these extensions. These hair extensions are removed using a liquid hair remover that the stylists use to apply on the tiny bond on your head to melt them. Once the bonds start loosening up, the stylist uses pliers so the extensions can fall off.
How to Take Care of K-Tip Hair Extensions?
Proper maintenance and care are essential in enhancing the appearance and longevity of these hair extensions. K-tip hair extensions can be ruined if they are considered appropriate. Hence, here are a few caring tips to make your K-tip hair extensions last longer and shinier.
- Brushing is essential to prevent hair from getting tangled and frizzy. We recommend gently brushing your K-tip extensions with a wide-tooth comb or soft-bristle brush.
- Washing your extensions to keep them clean is also essential; shampoo your hair with sulfate-free products. It’s suggested to avoid the bonds while shampooing your hair and focus on the roots instead.
- Although heating tools are involved in installing K-tips hair extensions, it’s suggested to use heat protectant spray before using heating instruments like iron and blow-dryer. Also, avoid the direct use of heating tools on the bonds, as they can melt and loosen them.
- Regular visits to your hairstylist are essential to get them adjusted and checked. We suggest you fix an appointment with the saloon after every two to three months to ensure its proper care and appropriate installation.
K-tip hair extensions are a great option to attain a celebrity-like appearance. However, whenever you decide to invest in these extensions, make sure to look for a manufacturer that fulfills all excellent quality hygiene standards. High-quality extensions are always costlier as they are durable and harmless to natural locks. However, Bono Hair, the renowned hair systems manufacturer, provides these premium quality products at the most reasonable prices compared to its contemporaries.